Would You Like To Volunteer?
Early Childhood Education
Balwadi- This program is for 3-5 years community children who are not in any preschool. The objective is to enable children to become better-adjusted, happier learners, enabling better retention and achievement at a later stage.
Balwachan- This program is for children in Grade 1 and 2. The objective is to ensure that children learn to read and do basic arithmatic operations at grade 1 competency level.
Community based Learning Hubs
Community based center which provides training support to local Pratham functionaries alongwith having a model unit each of Early Childhood Education and Library. The Hubs also serves as a community information center for education issues.
Municipal School based Library programme
The programme is operational in about 200 MCD schools of 6 zones. The objective of this programme is to help MCD School children learn to read and support the reading by providing access to lots of story books.
What you can do as volunteer
- Visit any of these programmes interact with children, their parents, teachers, community and document (film, photograph or write up) your experience.
- Design short study on any aspect of Pratham’s intervention and its impact on children and other stakeholder using data collected by Pratham.
- Design training modules on some activities with children which provides them an opportunity of creative learning and share your module with Pratham’s training team.
- You can undertake story telling session, English conversation session, quiz session and any other creative indoor learning activities with children for upto one hour on Saturdays.
- You can conduct training for our programme functionaries on contemporary business operating processes and its relevance in their personal and professional life.
- The list above is just illustrative. You can discuss your specific interest with our Programme Coordinator and suitable assignment can also be mutually developed.
- We encourage potential volunteers to work for at least a month. If it is only for Saturday then at least 10 interactions spread during 3 months.
- No remuneration is paid to volunteers.
- We work in 5 zones of Delhi i.e. Rohini, Civil Lines, North Shahdara, South Shahdara & Karolbagh. Since community based programme is in North and South Shahdara and Karolbagh, these are the zones most suited for volunteers.
- We work 6 days a week. Sunday and public holidays are non-working days.
- Click here to download the volunteer application form and send it to email@example.com
- Our operations office is located at:-
F21, Second Floor,
Near Preet Vihar Metro Station Gate no.4,
Above Oriental bank of Commerce,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110092.
Phone:- 011- 22543482
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org